Applications for police officer positions with the New Albany Police Department will be accepted through April 15th.
Applicants selected shall be placed on an “APPLICANT ELIGIBILITY LIST” for consideration as openings occur. This list shall remain in effect for 2 years.
- U. S. citizen;
- high school or GED graduate;
- over 21; normal weight for height;
- good moral character;
- good physical condition;
- no felony conviction;
- birth certificate or equivalent required;
- willing to establish residence in Southern Indiana if hired;
- must meet all departmental and Indiana State hiring and pension board requirements.
- Written examination and agility test will be required.
Starting salary $42,167, (with experience $44,803) going to $53,236 after rookie year, liberal fringe benefits.
Application forms available through the New Albany Police Department, Criminal Justice Building, 311 Scribner Drive, New Albany, IN 47150
Apply Online or by writing to: New Albany Police Merit Commission, P. O. Box 1263, New Albany, Indiana 47151-1263.
No resumes unless attached to application form.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities encouraged to apply.
Phone (Voice Mail) – (812) 945-9771
Commission Secretary – (502) 551-0258