Director, Economic Development and Redevelopment
311 Hauss Square, Room 325
New Albany, IN 47150-3586
(812) 948-5333, phone
(812) 948-5329, fax
- Community Development Block Grant FY15 Consolidated Annual Performance & Evaluation Report
- Please submit written comments to the Department of Redevelopment, Room 325, 311 Hauss Square, New Albany, IN, through September 23, 2016.
- Community Development Block Grant Fiscal Year 2016 One-Year Action Plan
- Community Development Block Grant FY2016 Citizens Participation Plan Schedule
- FY2015-2019 Community Development Block Grant Consolidated Plan & FY2015 One-Year Action Plan
- Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice (2015)
Request for Proposals
The New Albany Department of Redevelopment is responsible for preparing and implementing plans, programs and projects that address the community development and economic development needs of the City. Working under the policy guidance of its governing bodies, the Department of Redevelopment accomplishes related outcomes through the use of Federal, state and local programs and funding sources many of which are intended to serve low and moderate-income areas and households.
- David Duggins, Director of Economic Development, firstname.lastname@example.org
- John Rosenbarger, Publilc Works Projects supervisor, email@example.com
- Cyndi Krauss, Financial Compliance Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brad Ramsey, Concentrated Code Enforcement Officer, email@example.com
- Jessica Campbell, Public Facilities Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
New Albany Redevelopment Commission
- Irving Joshua, President
- Adam Dickey, Vice-President
- David Barksdale, Secretary
- Robert Caesar
- Terry Middleton
Mr. Dickey, Mr. Joshua, and Mr. Middleton were appointed by Mayor Jeff Gahan.
Mr. Barksdale and Mr. Caesar were appointed by Common Council.
New Albany Redevelopment Authority
- Terrance Becker, Vice-President
- Cheryl Cotner
- Joseph Lee Wert
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
- Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP)
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) –Brownfield Assessment Grant
- Economic Development Administration(EDA) -Construction Grant
New Albany Redevelopment Commission
- Down Payment Assistance
- Concentrated Code Enforcement: Summary
- Tax Abatement
- Repair Affair
- Youth Enrichment
This ongoing program in partnership with the Parks and Recreation Department provides enrichment activities including: recreational sports, educational and special event opportunities that might not otherwise be available for inner-city youth ages 5-12 and teenagers 13-18 years old. In addition, programs designed for youth and adults with disabilities are offered.
- Section 3
Requires that recipients of certain HUD financial assistance, to the greatest extent possible, provide job training, employment, and contract opportunities for low- or very-low income residents and businesses in connection with projects and activities in their neighborhoods. If you live in government-assisted housing or if your household income falls below HUD’s income limits, you may qualify as a Section 3 resident or Section 3 business concern.
- Youth Asset
This ongoing program in partnership with a consortium of local agencies develops and implements comprehensive after school programs including: child care, recreational and educational (tutoring) activities to economically disadvantage youth in the New Albany area schools.
Contact: Riverside Parking Inc.
927 West Main Street
Louisville, KY 40202
Rates: $ 2.00 Daily
$17.00 Non-Reserved (monthly)
$28.00 Reserved (monthly)
The City Parking Garage is located on State Street and managed by Riverside Parking Inc.
Past Plans and Annual Reports
- Fiscal Year 2014 CDBG Consolidated Annual Performance & Evaluation Report
- Fiscal Year 2013 Consolidated Annual Performance & Evaluation Report
- Fiscal Year 2014 Community Development Block Grant One-Year Action Plan
- 2012 CDBG One-Year Action Plan
- Fiscal Year 2012 Consolidated Annual Performance & Evaluation Report
- Consolidated Annual Performance & Evaluation Report (CAPER) – Download Now
- Five-Year CDBG Strategic Plan
- CDBG Citizen Participation Plan
- FY2011 CDBG Annual Plan
- FY2012 CDBG Annual Plan
- Adopted FY2012 CDBG Annual Plan
- Downtown/Riverfront Master Plan
- Fiscal Year 2013 Community Development Block Grant One-Year Action Plan
- Block Grant Program Citizen Participation FY2013 Plan – Download Now
- Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice (2010)
- 2010-2014 Community Development Block Grant 5-Year Consolidated Plan
- Community Development Block Grant FY 2015-2019 Citizens Participation Plan Schedule