Vicki Glotzbach, City Clerk
(812) 948-5336, phone

Mindy Milburn, Deputy City Clerk

Cathy Cousins, Customer Service



Meeting Agenda and Minutes


Regularly scheduled meetings will begin at 10:00 a.m.

(schedule is subject to change)

January 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th, 31st February 7th, 14th, 21st, 28thd March 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th April 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th May 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th June 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th July 5th, 11th, 18th, 25th, August 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th September 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th October 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th, 31st November 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th December 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th

Minutes for Board of Public Works and Safety


Regularly scheduled meetings will begin at 9:15 a.m.

(schedule is subject to change)

January 12th, 26th February 9th, 23rd March 9th, 23rd April 13th, 27th May 11th, 25th June 8th, 22nd July 13th, 27th August 10th, 24th September 14th, 28th October 12th, 26th November 9th, 22nd December 14th, 28th


Minutes for Sewer Board


Regularly scheduled meetings will begin at 7:00 p.m.

(schedule is subject to change)

January 5th, 19th February 6th, 16th March 6th, 16th April 3rd, 20th May 1st, 18th June 5th, 15th July 6th, 20th August 7th, 17th September 7th, 21st October 2nd, 19th November 6th, 16th December 4th, 21st

Minutes for Common Council


The Office of the City Clerk aims to maintain and preserve the integrity of the City records relating to Common Council, New Albany Sewer Board and the Board of Public Works and Safety documents and actions, ordinances, resolutions, agreements, contracts, deeds and minutes. These records are readily available to the citizens of New Albany, outside agencies, the general public and all other City personnel.

The City Clerk’s Office is often the first point of contact a citizen makes with Municipal Government, either on the phone or over the counter, seeking information about the organization or about other agencies. If the information that is being sought does not involve the City organization, then accurate referrals to other agencies are provided. The City Clerk’s Office can be divided into two main areas of concentration, discussed below.


The City Clerk Office is responsible for collecting fines for non-moving violations. These are determined by Ordinances, which are adopted by New Albany Common Council and are paid in the City Clerk’s office. The most common include fines for:

  • Blocking Street Sweeper
  • Illegal parking in a handicap
  • Overtime parking
  • Noise Ordinance Violation
  • Animal Control Violations

The City Clerk’s Office does not collect fines for moving violations. This includes:

  • Disobeying traffic signals
  • Speeding
  • Not wearing seat belts

Fines for moving violations are to be paid at the Floyd County Clerk’s Office located on the second floor of the Floyd County City-County Building.


Parking Permits

Parking permits for all the off-street City-owned parking lots are issued in the Clerk’s office and may be purchased monthly. The permits have the parking space number and the name of the month on them. These must be displayed on the dashboard of your car, in plain view of the parking enforcement officers.

Residential Reserved Handicap Parking
In order to be eligible for a reserved handicap parking space in front of a home, an individual must have a handicapped license plate issued by the Bureau of Motor Vehicles.  To request a reserved handicap space contact the Clerk’s office. The request is reviewed by the New Albany Police Department to see if the residence meets the requirements. Your request and the police officer’s recommendation are then considered by the Board of Works, which ultimately makes the final decision.

Handicap Parking Placards
In order to be eligible for a Handicap Parking Placard, an individual must be a Floyd County resident and submit an application and a medical recommendation signed by their physician to the Clerk’s office.  These forms must be obtained in the Clerk’s Office.  Once the Clerk receives the executed forms a placard will be immediately issued.  Once an individual receives a Handicap Placard it must be renewed yearly.

Handicapped Parking Application

Parking Ticket Dispute Form (email to:


The City Clerk performs weddings by appointment only. If you wish to be married by the City Clerk please call (812)-948-5336 to schedule an appointment. There is no fee for this service.

The City Clerk’s office does not issue marriage licenses.  You will need to contact the Floyd County Clerk’s office at (812) 948-5411 for information on marriage licenses.


The Municipal Clerk is the oldest of public servants in local government. The profession traces back before Biblical times. The clerk is the historian of the community for the entire recorded history of the city and citizens in his or her care. Municipal clerks have become the hub of government, the direct link between the inhabitants of their community and their government. For a history on the origins of city clerk’s.

Translate »
(812) 948-5333