The City of New Albany is looking for qualified applicants to become police officer recruits. Applications will be accepted through midnight March 31, 2019. Applicants selected shall be placed on an “APPLICANT ELIGIBILITY LIST” for consideration as openings occur and the list shall remain in effect for 2 years.
- U.S. citizen
- High school or GED graduate
- Must be at least 21 year of age but not over 36 years of age when appointed as police
officer. Eligible military veterans are able to be appointed up until age 40.
- Good moral character
- No felony conviction
- Birth certificate or equivalent
- Must meet all departmental and State of Indiana hiring and pension requirements.
- Written and agility test are required.
- Salary $55,387 after 12 month probation.
- Retirement Plan and Deferred Compensation Plan with City match
- Health and Life Insurance
- Shift Differential Pay
- Great Advancement Opportunities
- Take Home Vehicle
- Uniform Allowance
- Generous Annual Vacation & Personal Leave
Application forms available:
- New Albany Police Department, 311 West 1st, New Albany, Indiana
An Equal Opportunity Employer and minorities encouraged to apply.