Vicki Glotzbach, City Clerk
(812) 948-5336, phone

Mindy Milburn, Deputy City Clerk

Cathy Cousins, Customer Service

Vicki Glotzbach, City Clerk


Regularly scheduled meetings will begin at 10:00 a.m.

(schedule is subject to change)

January 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th February 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd March 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd30th April 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th  May 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th June 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th July 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th  August 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th, 31st September 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th October 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th November 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th  December 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th

See the Agendas, Packets, & Minutes for Board of Public Works and Safety



Regularly scheduled meetings will begin at 9:15 a.m.

(schedule is subject to change)

January 14th, 28th February 11th, 25th March 11th, 25th April 8th, 22nd May 13th, 27th June 10th, 24th July 8th, 22nd August 12th, 26th September 9th, 23rd October 14th, 28th November 10th, 24th December 9th, 22nd

See the Agendas, Packets, & Minutes for Sewer Board



Regularly scheduled meetings will begin at 7:00 p.m.

(schedule is subject to change)

January 4th, 21st February 1st, 18th March 1st, 18th April 5th, 15th May 3rd, 20th June 7th, 17th July 8th, 15th August 2nd, 19th September 9th, 16th October 4th, 21st November 1st, 18th December 6th, 16th

See the Agendas, Packets, & Minutes for Common Council

The Office of the City Clerk aims to maintain and preserve the integrity of the City records relating to Common Council, New Albany Sewer Board and the Board of Public Works and Safety documents and actions, ordinances, resolutions, agreements, contracts, deeds and minutes. These records are readily available to the citizens of New Albany, outside agencies, the general public and all other City personnel.

The City Clerk’s Office is often the first point of contact a citizen makes with Municipal Government, either on the phone or over the counter, seeking information about the organization or about other agencies. If the information that is being sought does not involve the City organization, then accurate referrals to other agencies are provided. The City Clerk’s Office can be divided into two main areas of concentration, discussed below.

The City Clerk Office is responsible for collecting fines for non-moving violations. These are determined by Ordinances, which are adopted by New Albany Common Council and are paid in the City Clerk’s office. The most common include fines for:

  • Blocking Street Sweeper
  • Illegal parking in a handicap
  • Overtime parking
  • Noise Ordinance Violation
  • Animal Control Violations


The City Clerk’s Office does not collect fines for moving violations. This includes:

  • Disobeying traffic signals
  • Speeding
  • Not wearing seat belts


Fines for moving violations are to be paid at the Floyd County Clerk’s Office located on the second floor of the Floyd County City-County Building.

Parking Permits

Parking permits for all the off-street City-owned parking lots are issued in the Clerk’s office and may be purchased monthly. The permits have the parking space number and the name of the month on them. These must be displayed on the dashboard of your car, in plain view of the parking enforcement officers.

Residential Reserved Handicap Parking

In order to be eligible for a reserved handicap parking space in front of a home, an individual must have a handicapped license plate issued by the Bureau of Motor Vehicles.  To request a reserved handicap space contact the Clerk’s office. The request is reviewed by the New Albany Police Department to see if the residence meets the requirements. Your request and the police officer’s recommendation are then considered by the Board of Works, which ultimately makes the final decision.

Handicap Parking Placards

In order to be eligible for a Handicap Parking Placard, an individual must be a Floyd County resident and submit an application and a medical recommendation signed by their physician to the Clerk’s office.  These forms must be obtained in the Clerk’s Office.  Once the Clerk receives the executed forms a placard will be immediately issued.  Once an individual receives a Handicap Placard it must be renewed yearly.

Handicapped Parking Application

Parking Ticket Dispute Form (email to:

The City Clerk performs weddings by appointment only. If you wish to be married by the City Clerk please call (812)-948-5336 to schedule an appointment. There is no fee for this service.

The City Clerk’s office does not issue marriage licenses.  You will need to contact the Floyd County Clerk’s office at (812) 948-5411 for information on marriage licenses.

The Municipal Clerk is the oldest of public servants in local government. The profession traces back before Biblical times. The clerk is the historian of the community for the entire recorded history of the city and citizens in his or her care. Municipal clerks have become the hub of government, the direct link between the inhabitants of their community and their government. For a history on the origins of city clerk’s.

Comments are closed.

Close Search Window